1. I love Wednesdays. One reason I love them is because I love band practice and choir practice at church. Wednesdays are good. That’s all.
2. Yesterday was no exception, although I did have to go to two places that aren’t exactly bucket list places on any given Wednesday. I had to take my car to the garage (although that wasn’t so bad, because I got some unplanned visit time with a buddy and some biscuits and gravy at Mrs. Winners beside the garage). And I also had to take an unexpected trip to the doctor. As we were talking and eating our (very delicious) biscuits and gravy, I began to have a pain in my left ear that rendered me unable to talk or even move my head. My buddy said he watched my countenance change as my eyes began look like a dude who was in pain. And I was. I tried to pull my ear off because I thought I was dying, but it wouldn’t come off. So I called an ENT and they were able to see me right away. It wasn’t an infection…it was one of a couple of things…still not quite sure. But I loved this doctor and am thankful for the treatment and diagnosis he gave me.
Since I know you’re wondering, I was indeed able to finish my biscuits and gravy.
3. It’s amazing to me how easily the weather can affect my mood. Seriously, this time of year makes me crazy with happiness.
4. Speaking of crazy with happiness, I’m heading to Boston tonight for our Living Proof conference this weekend. I don’t think I’ve ever been to Boston. I can’t wait! Boston in the fall…isn’t there a song about it?
Anybody out there coming to LPL Boston this weekend?
I just checked the weather for Boston tomorrow: high of 71. I fear I may embarrass my loved ones with my giddiness at some point today. Or tomorrow. Or any day, really.
5. Spirit Week at my kids’ school this week. Monday was 80’s Day (which, according to my iPod, is any day).
Who are these children who are ready to mug for the camera so early in the morning??? Their mother’s influence, obviously. 🙂
6. Here’s a good word for us all today:
Psalm 25:9 – He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.
Oh Lord, lead us today. We trust in YOU.