A few random thoughts…
– After looking at the pics on my last post, I felt the need (and by ‘I’ I mean ‘Angela’) to tell you that (once again) Levi decided he needed a hair cut, and cut a big chunk out of the front of his hair. So, he had about half an inch of no hair in the middle of his long bangs. So, the haircut person had to chop off most of the rest of it. Now he has about half and inch of no hair in the middle of his short bangs. We’re working on this self-hair cut business.
– I played tennis yesterday at 1 in the afternoon. Note to self: 1 in the afternoon is probably not the optimum time to play tennis in July, on the hottest day of the year so far.
– As part of our staycation, we all went ice skating on Sunday after church. We had a great time. It was the first time Angela and I had been skating in a LONG time. I think we had only been ice skating together twice ever. We went on our second date (I later told her it was a good excuse to hold her hand), and one other time, back maybe 8 or 9 years ago. I used to roller skate and ice skate all the time as a kid. But here’s my observation. Angela and I could not get over the amount of pain our feet were enduring while we were skating. Is it because we’re old, and not meant for such activities anymore? Or is it because my center of gravity is…well, uh…different now with this late 30’s version of me? Either way, my feet were in pain the whole time. But it was still loads of fun. And my kids loved it. Even Levi. They have these heavy bar things that little kids who don’t know how to skate can hold onto and push around. Genius. The ones our place didn’t look exactly like this, but it was the same general idea:
– We are heading to Nashville Shores (the local water park) today. I love a good water park. I have never been to this one…I hope it is as good in reality as I have been hoping it is.
– Wipeout continues to be a tv highlight for our family. It was awesome last night. There are a few changes in the obstacle course every week, and that keeps it interesting. The hosts (John Anderson and John Henson) and hilarious. They took the climbing wall aspect off of the Sucker Punch wall. Very interesting. And how about the girl who couldn’t see the pole? “Where’s the pole?” Too funny. We made a pallet on the floor and turned off all the lights…and drank our Sonic slushes and watched. Fun staycation times.
Off to the water park. Hope your day is a great one…